|Organization name||Syrians for Truth and Justice www.stj-sy.org|
|Job title||Accountant and Admin officer|
|Type of contract||● Full time
● Contract 24 months.
● Starting in October 2023.
|Location||Online, must be based in France.|
|Reporting to||Finance Director|
Syrians for Truth and Justice (STJ) is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization monitoring human rights abuses in Syria. Founded in 2015 in Turkey, STJ has been based in France since 2019.
STJ is an independent and impartial human rights organization operating across Syria. Our network of field researchers monitors and reports human rights violations occurring on the ground in Syria, with access to IDP camps and other difficult-to-reach civilian communities. Our international team of human rights experts, lawyers, and journalists gathers evidence, examines emerging patterns of violations, and analyzes how violations break Syrian and international law.
Our commitment to human rights monitoring is founded on the idea that professional human rights documentation meeting international standards is the first step to uncovering the truth and achieving justice in Syria. In the long term, we believe our commitment will contribute to establishing lasting peace across the country by assisting in setting into motion and advancing transitional justice processes.
- Managing the communication and coordination between the organization and official bodies in France (bank, accountant, auditor and any other parties) regarding one of the organization’s projects;
- Reporting to donors (compose financial reports and contribute to narrative reports in collaboration with the team) regarding one of the organization’s projects;
- Cooperating with the project’s sub-partners, auditing their financial reports, and ensuring their compliance with donor requirements;
- Managing the payrolls and expenses of one joint project with local partner organizations;
- Supporting the human resources management involved in one of the organization’s joint projects with local partner organizations.
- Communicate and coordinate with the various relevant bodies in France in respect of all financial, legal and administrative operations, including URSSAF, Trésor Public and bank;
- Draft contracts and agreements between the organization and other parties, in accordance with the legal requirements specific to the organization’s joint project with Syrian partner organizations;
- Manage employee’s contracts, working days and vacations;
- Collect, archive and send receipts and invoices (including bank receipts and legal documents) to the legal accountant and relevant parties;
- Draft financial reports to donors and contribute to narrative reports;
- Manage relationships with all service providers in relation to financial matters;
- Analyze the financial performance of projects and ensure that sound financial control procedures are in place, in line with the donor requirements;
- Maintain an effective filing system and ensure transparency to financial records;
- Assist in the preparation of the audit file annually.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, management or related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role in the NGO sector.
- Knowledge of the work of NGOs based in France and abroad and the French laws regulating their work. Very good knowledge of the French administrative system.
- Fluent in English and Arabic (reading, speaking and writing)and very good in
- High ability to communicate and build relationships with various parties.
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to legally work in France.
- Ability and willingness to work in a small team without direct supervision if required.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage a varied and sometimes demanding workload.
How to apply
- Send to email@example.com (CV, Cover letter & 2 References).