- Administrators of STJ website manage it professionally, as they closely oversee the entire information and materials it contains.
Information we Collect and Store
In order for our website to operate and provide you with services, the server needs to collect and process some of your information, like your IP address, that help us improve the way our site works, so as to provide you with a better service experience.
When surfing our website as a visitor we don’t collect your personal data (your name, address, phone number or email).
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When using contact forms on the site to communicate with us, the information sent, including the email address, will be collected. These messages will be handled by a site administrator and the privacy of the information contained in the message will be kept confidential.
We store your e-mail with the aim of responding to mailing messages only with a privacy reservation.
The mail, contacts, or information contained in the messages are not shared with any third-party.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, we will use your name and the email address provided to send the newsletter to you.
Along with analytics provided by its server, our website uses third-party analytics, like Google Analytics and Facebook.
STJ uses reasonable security practices that are technically feasible for us to protect the user data we collect against unauthorized access, destruction, amendment or reveal, considering the risks involved in processing personal data.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to your browser or device when you visit a website, to distinguish you from other users. The aggregate information collected permits us to analyze traffic patterns and target the interests of our users. This helps us provide you with a better experience by improving the content and making our site easier to use.
Most browsers will accept cookies until browser settings are changed to refuse them. If you block or refuse to accept cookies, or delete cookies after visiting our site, you may not be able to access or use certain features or functions of our site. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The following link show how to adjust cookie settings on Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en.
Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Content from other Websites
Public Information and Third-Party Websites
- Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us here. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
- Social media platforms and widgets. Our Websites include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third-party or hosted directly on our website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Legal Bases for Processing
We process your Personal Information when the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by visitors’ data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. We have a legitimate interest in using your information, for example, to provide and update our services; to improve our services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our services; to monitor and prevent any problems with our services;
You have the right to file a complaint about the misuse of your Personal Information collected by the website to your local data protection authority. If you reside in the European Union, please check contact info here.
How We Use your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect through our website for a range of reasons including to:
- Provide, operate, optimize and maintain the website;
- Process applications for vacancies;
- Deal with visitors’ online inquiries and requests, and to provide visitors with information and access to resources or services that visitors have requested from us;
- Manage our website and system administration and security;
- Improve the navigation and content of our website;
- Identify any server problems or other IT or network issues;
- Compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand the preferences of our site visitors
- Customize content and layout of the website;
- Carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
Access to your Personal Information
Other Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of Personal Information. STJ takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up to date. As a Member, you can contact us directly at any time to access, correct, update or delete information from here, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, individuals who are residents of the EEA can object to processing of their Personal Information, ask to restrict processing of their Personal Information or request portability of their Personal Information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us here.
- Similarly, if Personal Information is collected or processed on the basis of consent, the data subject can withdraw their consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection law. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.