|Organization name||Syrians for Truth and Justice|
|Job description||Project manager-the project is in partnership with other Syrian organizations|
|Contract type||· Full time
· 24 months
· effective upon signing
|Starting date||October 2023|
|Reporting to||Executive Director and Program Manager|
Syrians for Truth and Justice (STJ) is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization monitoring human rights abuses in Syria. Founded in 2015 in Turkey, STJ has been based in France since 2019.
STJ is an independent and impartial human rights organization operating across Syria. Our network of field researchers monitors and reports human rights violations occurring on the ground in Syria, with access to IDP camps and other difficult-to-reach civilian communities. Our international team of human rights experts, lawyers, and journalists gathers evidence, examines emerging patterns of violations, and analyzes how violations break Syrian and international law.
Our commitment to human rights monitoring is founded on the idea that professional human rights documentation meeting international standards is the first step to uncovering the truth and achieving justice in Syria. In the long term, we believe our commitment will contribute to establishing lasting peace across the country by assisting in setting into motion and advancing transitional justice processes.
- Implementing a thorough and accurate survey to identify the most urgent needs of a group of victims of human rights violations in Syria;
- Providing psychological, social, and legal support to a group of victims and survivors in Syria and abroad;
- Building structural investigations into several gross violations of human rights in Syria;
- Publishing several in-depth reports on the human rights situation in Syria and violations of international humanitarian law and relevant legal frameworks;
- Sharing inputs and submitting complaints to UN special procedures;
- Organizing strategic litigation activities in the EU on a range of human rights violations in Syria;
- Providing project partners with sub-grants.
- Daily supervision of key project activities implemented by partners and ensuring that they are carried out in accordance with the core project from start to finish;
- Commitment to the proposed project budget and activity timeline according to the donor agreement terms;
- Delegate and monitor the completion of tasks assigned to other project members, ensuring that these tasks are completed with the utmost professionalism;
- Risk and security management so as to ensure that the project remains on track;
- Assess the success of activities, identify areas for development in future projects, and propose alternative parallel activities if some project activities cannot be implemented;
- Identify and address problems and updates that may arise during the project implementation phase;
- Ensure that stakeholders, primarily survivors, victims of human rights violations, and other beneficiaries, remain content;
- Any other tasks required for the successful implementation of the project.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in international law, international relations, political science, international development, or a related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role in the NGO sector.
- Expertise in managing a ten-person team and coordinating between team members from diverse organizations.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Ability to travel (possessing valid and necessary identification documents).
- Capacity to manage a multi-partner project and to ensure consistency in project activities.
- Deep knowledge of the Syrian context and the evolution of the conflict.
- Broad knowledge of international laws applied in Syria.
- Ability to work without direct supervision if required.
- Good command of Microsoft Office and related software.
- Knowledge of other languages: French and/or Kurdish.
- Ability to comply with the full duration of the contract.
- Based near the Syria time zone.
How to apply
Send to email@example.com by 10 October 2023 (English CV and Cover letter, 2 References & recommendation letter or recent experience certificate).