Syrians for Truth and Justice www.stj-sy.org
Finance and Administration Manager
Type of contract
● Part time.
● Consultancy, until December 2022, renewable.
● Starting the soonest possible.
Online, must be based in France
Convinced that the diversity that has historically defined Syria is a wealth, our team of researchers and volunteers works with dedication at uncovering human rights violations committed in Syria, in order to promote inclusiveness and ensure that all Syrians are represented, and their rights fulfilled.
Since its establishment, STJ has had access to thousands of victims, documented hundreds of violations, and trained dozens of human rights activists. Its private database reflects this engagement and aims at contributing to the prospects for justice. Covering all areas of Syria, STJ has fostered its experience of documenting in a conflict zone in order to reach out to the population, hear their story, and collect evidence. Willing to enhance the Syrian civil society, we also implement capacity building projects in various topics, including digital security and civic engagement in order to transfer our skills and expertise to change-makers in the field.
- Supervising the communication and coordination between the organization and official bodies in France (bank, accountant, auditor and any other parties).
- Supervising the reporting to donors (financial reports and participation to narrative reports in collaboration with the team).
- Managing the payrolls and the organisation’s expenses.
- Supervising the organisation’s human resources management.
- Guarantee the proper running of all financial aspects of the organisation.
- Supervise, in collaboration with the Finance and Admin Officer, the communication & coordination with various relevant bodies in France in respect of all financial, legal and administrative operations, including URSSAF, Trésor Public and bank.
- Manage the annual budget preparation, financial reports and administrative records.
- Monitor and record expenditures for payments and other day-to-day transactions.
- Ensure compliance of financial and administrative documents with French law and donor requirements in coordination with the Finance and Admin
- Coordinate audit process with external auditors.
- Develop, maintain and update knowledge management procedures.
- Supervise the Finance and Admin Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, management or related field.
- Minimum of three to fiveyears experience in a similar role in the NGO sector.
- Knowledge of the work of NGOs based in France and working abroad and the French laws regulating their work. Very good knowledge of French administrative system.
- Fluent in French, command of English and Arabic (reading, speaking and writing).
- High ability to communicate and build relationships with various parties.
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to legally work in France.
- Ability and willingness to work in a small team without direct supervision if required.
- Commitment to and awareness of Syrians for Truth and Justice human rights work.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to manage a varied and sometimes demanding workload.
How to apply
- Send to email@example.com by the 10th of October 2021 (CV, Cover letter & 1 References).