|Organization name||Syrians for Truth and Justice www.stj-sy.org|
|Job title||Accountant and Admin officer|
|Type of contract||● Full time
● Contract 6 months and renewable
● Starting on September 2022
|Location||Online, must be based in France|
|Reporting to||Finance Director and Executive Director|
Convinced that the diversity that has historically defined Syria is a wealth, our team of researchers and volunteers works with dedication at uncovering human rights violations committed in Syria, in order to promote inclusiveness and ensure that all Syrians are represented, and their rights fulfilled.
Since its establishment, STJ has had access to thousands of victims, documented hundreds of violations, and trained dozens of human rights activists. Its private database reflects this engagement and aims at contributing to the prospects for justice. Covering all areas of Syria, STJ has fostered its experience of documenting in a conflict zone in order to reach out to the population, hear their story, and collect evidence. Willing to enhance the Syrian civil society, we also implement capacity building projects in various topics, including digital security and civic engagement in order to transfer our skills and expertise to change-makers in the field.
- Managing the communication and coordination between the organization and official bodies in France (bank, accountant, auditor and any other parties);
- Reporting to donors (financial reports and participation to narrative reports in collaboration with the team);
- Managing the payrolls and the organisation’s expenses;
- Supporting the organisation’s human resources management;
- Communicate and coordinate with the various relevant bodies in France in respect of all financial, legal and administrative operations, including URSSAF, Trésor Public and bank;
- Draft contracts and agreements between the organization and other parties, in accordance with the legal requirements;
- Manage employee’s contracts, working days and vacations;
- Collect, archive and send receipts and invoices (including bank receipt and legal documents) to the legal accountant and the relevant parties;
- Draft financial reports to donors and contribute to narrative reports;
- Manage relationships with all service providers in relation to financial matters;
- Analyze the financial performance of projects and ensure that sound financial control procedures are in place, in line with the donor requirements;
- Assist with budget preparation annually and drafting of proposal budgets for fundraising;
- Maintain an effective filing system and ensure transparency to financial records;
- Assist in the preparation of the Audit file annually.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, management or related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role in the NGO sector.
- Knowledge of the work of NGOs based in France and working abroad and the French laws regulating their work. Very good knowledge of the French administrative system.
- Fluent in French, very good at English and Arabic (reading, speaking and writing).
- High ability to communicate and build relationships with various parties.
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to legally work in France.
- Ability and willingness to work in a small team without direct supervision if required.
- Commitment to and awareness of Syrians for Truth and Justice human rights work.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage a varied and sometimes demanding workload.
How to apply
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of 31 August 2021 (CV, Cover letter & 2 References).